filesystem patch

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 10:53:35 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 03:30:11PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> hi,
> i review this %_mingw32_make macro again. i can't find any better
> solution than implement it separately from %_mingw32_makeinstall.
> probably most of the case it's not used inside spec file, but even if i
> used it will work and use the runtime used directories (the only
> exception %_mingw32_make install, but there is the %_mingw32_makeinstall
> macro for this).
> it's working on fedora and rhel/centos too and mingw32-make outside of
> spec also working.

I still really don't think we should be passing all these args to
'make' or 'make install' by default because its diverging from what
native builds do. For native builds '%__make' just expands to
'/usr/bin/make' and %configure is where all these paths are setup.
Only in a very few cases of broken apps not using autotools would
args to make be needed and they can be done in those app's .spec

Daniel