mingw32-filesystem, mingw32-w32api, mingw32-runtime

Fridrich Strba fstrba at novell.com
Thu Dec 18 11:32:16 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> I'm still not sure I understand.  The libiconv.la file looks OK to me
> (see below).  And we routinely link against libiconv.

Sure, because you don't use the _mingw32_make and _mingw32_makeinstall
macro :)

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/file/tip/iconv/mingw32-iconv.spec

If you used it, it would be a different story.

Now, there is another library that does not respect destdir, and it is
libjpeg. I am attaching a patch to make it behave properly. It also
produces win32 executables without exe prefix so they will not be
considered by find-requires script. But that is easily fixed I guess by
either moving them or by patching the makefile.cfg more. I did the former.

Cheers

Fridrich