RPM_OPT_FLAGS

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Mon Dec 29 17:01:21 UTC 2008

hi,
digging into this -mms-bitfields problem (and openssl package) i come to
the conclusion it'd be better if we can solve the whole cflags issue in
some more general way. ie. currently rpm use RPM_OPT_FLAGS which use
optflags which defined in /usr/lib/rpm/rpmrc and /usr/lib/rpm/**/macros.
it'd be better if we somehow can define that the current build's
platform is win32 and rpm set all flags according to it. this's exactly
what i do in %_mingw32_env, but if we can use some kind of rpm internal
mechanism, then probably we can build much more easily native fedora
packages. eg in case of openssl the native package hack Configure in
openssl-0.9.8g-redhat.patch to use RPM_OPT_FLAGS. so we can use the same
patch the same mechanism to for mingw too and in this case it'll work
for all packages (where we'll forget about -mms-bitfields and may be
other flags).
in case of openssl we still need some ugly hack but in case of other
packages this may help a lot.
is there any rpm gurus here?
yours.