gtk2 on epel won't be easy

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Nov 8 22:47:29 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 10:53:21PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/fedora-mingw/2008-October/000001.html
> >
> > As the packages get added to Fedora CVS, I'm requesting EL-5 branch
> > and building them.  Part of the reason is that oVirt _may_ wish to
> > build a Windows client on RHEL/EPEL, and they have requested this.
> > Another reason is that there seems to be interest from CentOS users.
> >
> > It'd be useful to have EPEL co-maintainers though to make this task
> > easier.
>
> i can do that if you like, but i rather modify fedora's spec file in
> order to be able to build both fedora nad epel pacakges too (in this not
> too much work will have as a co-maintainer).

You're all set up with a Fedora (FAS) account right?  If so I'll set
you up as co-maintainer on new EPEL packages.

With Fedora/EPEL CVS, just in case you're not familiar, each branch
(ie. F-9/F-10/F-11/EL-5) has its own specfile, sources and patches, so
everything is separate.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)