std library - poco compilation problem mingw - fedora10

Andrzej Horoszczak MP ahoroszczak at medi-press.pl
Thu Nov 13 11:33:41 UTC 2008

Hello Rich,

What is strange is that dynamically build poco libraries (.dll) are
fine, only the static versions (.a) have this issue.

>From various (dated) discussion forums it appears that the best bet
seemed to be to cross-compile poco with option:
--disable-sjlj-exceptions

however, it appears that this option is no longer supported by gcc?
cc1plus: error: unrecognized command line option
"-fdisable-sjlj-exceptions"

Do you by any chance know when & why these switches were disabled?

What is worse going the other way (using option --enable-sjlj-exceptions
in windows mingw compilation) just runs into the same problem:
c1plus.exe: error: unrecognized command line option
"-fenable-sjlj-exceptions"
mingw32-make: *** [addrbook.o] Error 1

Or there is something else I am doing wrong?

Also I found some discussion on gcc forum about 2 years ago about
relative superiority of DW2 vs SJLJ

and from what I understand they were just holding off until problems
with MinGW and DW2 were fixed.
And I gather that now MinGW  defaults to DW2 EH  (hence my problems)