can someone enlighten me??

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Wed Nov 19 14:01:56 UTC 2008

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Anyway, what are you actually trying to achieve?  I'm assuming this is
> part of your plan to combine /etc/rpm/macros.mingw32 and
> /usr/bin/mingw32-configure into a single script.  This is an admirable
> goal because it reduces duplication, but if it means using some
> massively complex shell hackery instead, then the cure might be worse
> than the disease.
>
> I'd prefer to see a patch which keeps the duplication, if that's going
> to be quicker.

ok so here is the current state of the patch and a few comments.
- add a few more path macros just to be complete
- put into one line the _mingw32_cflags because currently during compile
it look very ugly with the line beaks in all gcc command line
- add a _mingw32_env macro with define all useful enviroment variable to
be able to use at different places (if you like i can explain all variable)
- rewrite _mingw32_configure to use the env and use all configure options
- add _mingw32_make and _mingw32_makeinstall macros
actually we've got projects which not use autoconf just a makefile, but
like to compile it without problems.

in this case i can add a new one liner file mingw32-scripts.sh into
libexec like:
$(rpm --eval "%{_"`basename $0|tr "-" "_"`"}")
and create symlinks in bin to this file as mingw32-configure,
mingw32-make, mingw32-env and these can be run. so every script can use
macros.mingw32, but currently not working:-(