can someone enlighten me??

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Nov 19 14:58:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 03:01:56PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > Anyway, what are you actually trying to achieve?  I'm assuming this is
> > part of your plan to combine /etc/rpm/macros.mingw32 and
> > /usr/bin/mingw32-configure into a single script.  This is an admirable
> > goal because it reduces duplication, but if it means using some
> > massively complex shell hackery instead, then the cure might be worse
> > than the disease.
> >
> > I'd prefer to see a patch which keeps the duplication, if that's going
> > to be quicker.
>
> ok so here is the current state of the patch and a few comments.
> - add a few more path macros just to be complete
> - put into one line the _mingw32_cflags because currently during compile
> it look very ugly with the line beaks in all gcc command line
> - add a _mingw32_env macro with define all useful enviroment variable to
> be able to use at different places (if you like i can explain all variable)
> - rewrite _mingw32_configure to use the env and use all configure options
> - add _mingw32_make and _mingw32_makeinstall macros
> actually we've got projects which not use autoconf just a makefile, but
> like to compile it without problems.

Yup, I cannot see any problem with that patch.  Except you need to
add -mms-bitfields to the mingw32-configure shell script too so
that they are kept the same.

Do you want to apply the patch, or would you like me to do it?

> in this case i can add a new one liner file mingw32-scripts.sh into
> libexec like:
> $(rpm --eval "%{_"`basename $0|tr "-" "_"`"}")
> and create symlinks in bin to this file as mingw32-configure,
> mingw32-make, mingw32-env and these can be run. so every script can use
> macros.mingw32, but currently not working:-(

Honestly, don't worry about this.  Just keep the duplication for now.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/