libwx_baseu trouble rebuilding mingw32-nsis on Fedora 9 x86_64

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 21 23:26:49 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:45:03PM -0800, Eric Smith wrote:
> When I try to build NSIS, I get:
>
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>          /usr/lib/libwx_baseu-2.8.so is needed by
> mingw32-nsis-2.39-5.fc9.x86_64

OK, this BuildRequires was a hack because it needed the 32 bit version
of wxGTK, but you can't just specify 'wxGTK.i386' in RPM, so we needed
to find some file in the RPM instead.  However the file we chose has
moved or changed ...

> I just installed yum install wxGTK.i386, and it didn't help.  I have
> /usr/lib/libwx_baseu-2.8.so.0, but not just the .so, though I have the
> .so for 64-bit:

Yeah, you won't be able to use the 64 bit library.  For some
labyrinthine reason it needed the 32 bit version.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/