jpeg, png and tiff

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 25 11:01:49 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 11:26:51AM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> what's the current setup with these image libraries? since i see there
> is jpeg and png but not tiff for mingw although gtk use all of them. now
> mingw32-gtk use mingw32-png or system png? are you sure about it?? from
> the build log i see libtiff and libpng installed by some deps. is it
> sure that mingw32-gtk do not use system libtiff?
> i just come to that conclusion because gtk+ can't compile without
> libtiff our --without-libtiff.

There's a discrepency between the list of dependencies in the gtk2
(native Fedora) package and the mingw32-gtk2 package.  One of the
missing deps is, as you say, libtiff.

Dan did the Gtk2 packaging so I don't know if this was because libtiff
was hard to compile on Windows, or just to save time (because tiff is
not a widely used image format).

Also the version numbers have diverged a little.

Anyway if you need libtiff for gtk1 you'll have to package it
yourself.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v