what's the difference

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 12:06:06 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 11:44:11AM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> from a symlink it's clear to everyone that they are the same file. is
> there any reason why you prefer hardlink?
> anyway in the devel branch we can fix it (and the package also would be
> smaller).

Hard links might be a bit more robust, but really is this causing a
bug?  I'm very wary of changing these details of what gcc is doing.  I
don't understand why gcc needs to keep two copies of the binaries, and
I don't understand why it puts a copy in /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/ (a
non-standard location), but my lack of understanding means I don't
want to mess with this.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v