what's the difference

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 28 15:17:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 03:07:15PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> but why not just create symlinks? is there anything what we can loose?

We're spending a lot of time on this, but I don't understand what the
bug is we're trying to fix.  Sure, they don't get prelinked, but does
that matter...  I think changing what binutils/gcc are doing without
understanding it is risky, and since there's no bug that is being
fixed, what's the point?

Another thing I will add is that gcc internally calls out to
/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/as instead of /usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-as.
Why does it do this?  I have no idea ...  But this clearly isn't a
simple PATH thing.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top