OCaml cross compiler

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Feb 2 17:01:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:48:31AM -0800, Conrad Meyer wrote:
> On Sunday 01 February 2009 10:59:03 pm Luigi Santocanale wrote:
> > A possible guess : some library shared with the standard Ocaml is used
> > -- here I notice that I have installed Ocaml 3.10.2:
> > $ ocamlopt -version
> > 3.10.2
>
> Yes, my guess is 3.10.2 and 3.11.0 aren't getting along well. But that's just
> a guess, and we certainly don't support installing mingw RPMs on Debian-
> derivatives.

Yup.  The error is actually from the 3.10.2 bytecode interpreter
(/usr/bin/ocamlrun).  Our compiler binaries are bytecode (although
they _generate_ machine code), and they need a matching bytecode
interpreter to run them.

  $ head -1 /usr/bin/i686-pc-mingw32-ocamlopt
  #!/usr/bin/ocamlrun

Anyway, the original poster is way outside the envelope of what we
could possibly support, so please install a Fedora virtual machine.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top