Notes on OS X

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Feb 8 23:23:37 UTC 2009

This revision contains a non-working Darwin / Mac OS X cross-compiler.

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/rev/70529a2e7640

New modules:

  darwinx-filesystem    - Basic filesystem / layout.
  darwinx-headers       - Header files for cross-compilation.
  darwinx-odcctools     - (Like binutils; see the top of the spec file for
                           a lengthy explanation of the 'issues' with
                           this one)
  darwinx-gcc           - Xcode-based GCC cross-compiler

Currently it segfaults somewhere inside the assembler (from
darwinx-odcctools) while building the darwinx-gcc module.  The
segfault may be related to the patches I had to add to make odcctools
compile on my x86-64 machine, or may be down to odcctools itself.

Patches welcome ...

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v