OCaml cross compiler

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Feb 8 23:27:14 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 11:00:07PM +0100, Luigi Santocanale wrote:
> Say I use the script for creating an installer for myprogram.exe, which
> requires xyz.dll (found in the PATH).
>
> $nsiswrapper bin/myprogram.exe (--run)
>
> Then myprogram.exe is installed in $INSTDIR\bin and xyz.dll in the
> folder $INSTDIR\usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin -- since the
> greatest prefix is empty.
>
> Next, say that I do
>
> $nsiswrapper myprogram.exe=bin/myprogram.exe (--run)
>
> Then,  myprogram.exe is installed in $INSTDIR\bin and xyz.dll in the
> $INSTDIR -- since the greatest prefix is now
> \usr\i686-pc-mingw32\sys-root\mingw\bin.
>
> In both cases, at execution time, myprogram.exe will not find the
> necessary dependencies (I hope this is correct).
>
> I do not know what is the best way to correctly handle the prefix
> system. But possibly, an option that tells to install all the dlls
> somewhere or in the same directory of an .exe, such as

Yes, the prefix system sounded like a good idea at the time, but turns
out to be a bit crazy in practice.  Even with the foo=bar notation,
it's still difficult to deal with.

What works for me with the current version of nsiswrapper is to
install the program first, ie. make sure it is in
/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/bin.  Then the paths and prefixes
should work out correctly.

Please use 'diff -u' (unified diff) format when sending patches.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/