Differences with mingw.org cross-toolchain

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 23:57:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:42:21AM +0100, Erik Leunissen wrote:
> By "ordinary GCC" you mean "unaltered sources"?

Yes - I mean we follow Fedora's GCC versions, which are snapshots of
upstream GCC sources (not usually actual GCC releases because of a
peculiarity with Fedora's relationship with GCC).

> Do you happen to know whether the focus on Fedora and RHEL would
> prohibit me from using it on openSuSE? (which is what I happen to use,
> there's nothing much fundamental about that choice).

We don't support anything except Fedora/RHEL/EPEL/CentOS/etc, but you
are welcome to try it.  (See previous thread on this list about an
Ubuntu user trying to install our RPMs using alien).

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)