success at building ekiga

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Feb 11 15:05:00 UTC 2009

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: success at building ekiga
From: Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>
To: Fedora MinGW (Windows cross-compiler) project
<fedora-mingw at lists.fedoraproject.org>
Date: 02/11/2009 09:00 AM

> OK ... Nothing can happen to get these into Fedora unless we have
> workable patches.  Easiest of all for us is if you submit Fedora
> Review Requests with working source RPMs.  The process is described
> here:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

I didn't have to patch those packages with the exception of ffmpeg. ogg,
theora, and speex should be drop-in packages. I've posted the ptlib
patches to the ekiga-devel-list. Perhaps they will be included upstream,
but it is too early to tell.

I didn't build RPMs for those package, if that was what you thought. If
I find some extra time I could make RPMs for them, but I'm not
guaranteeing anything.

> We generally aim to keep the versions consistent with the native
> Fedora versions.  Although we failed in the case of mingw32-gtk2/gtk2.

OK.