Differences with mingw.org cross-toolchain

Ludwig Nussel ludwig.nussel at suse.de
Thu Feb 12 08:08:58 UTC 2009

Erik Leunissen wrote:
> Do you happen to know whether the focus on Fedora and RHEL would
> prohibit me from using it on openSuSE? (which is what I happen to use,
> there's nothing much fundamental about that choice).

FWIW Robert Schiele started a cross toolchain project in the
openSUSE buildservice long time ago. It's at
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=CrossToolchain%3Amingw
resp.
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/CrossToolchain:/mingw/

Due due to it's age and lack of ressources/interest it's still based
on gcc3 though.
Might be worth looking at for the Fedora developers too as it
bootstraps itself without the need for precompiled runtime etc.

cu
Ludwig

--
 (o_   Ludwig Nussel