Keeping packages in sync

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 11:01:56 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 09:48:38AM +0100, Mikkel Kruse Johnsen wrote:
> Is there anyway to downgrade these packages, in the repo ?

No there isn't, at least not without using an Epoch, which would tie
us to using an Epoch forever.  I won't do this unless there is some
actual reason why we need to keep those particular packages in synch.
"It would be nice" does not count.

In future we will make more effort to keep packages in synch with
Fedora native versions.  Dan has already written the relevant code to
do this, and once we get more packages into the repository we'll be
ready to deploy it.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top