Win64 packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 11:12:26 UTC 2009

There are some non-working/partially-working Win64 packages in the
repository now:

http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/

You need to build them yourselves, in the following order:

  mingw64-filesystem
  mingw64-binutils
  mingw64-headers
  mingw64-gcc-bootstrap  (in mingw64-gcc/ subdir)
  mingw64-runtime
  mingw64-gcc

The final step (mingw64-gcc) fails at the moment building libgcc:

  /usr/x86_64-pc-mingw32/bin/ld: dllcrt2.o: No such file: No such file or directory

(This file exists, but mingw64-gcc doesn't look for it on the right
path, for some reason).

Note that the directory layout for mingw64 is somewhat different from
mingw32.  I arrived at what I think is the right structure after
extensive discussions and help from members of the mingw-w64 project.

  /usr/x86_64-pc-mingw32/sys-root/      (prefix & sysroot)
    share
    x86_64-pc-mingw32
    mingw -> x86_64-pc-mingw32

  /usr/x86_64-pc-mingw32/sys-root/x86_64-pc-mingw32     (exec_prefix)
    bin                                                 (bindir)
    include                                             (includedir)
    include64 -> include
    lib                                                 (libdir)

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)