Discuss: Base packages for Win32 / Win64 / OS X cross-compilation

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 14:33:11 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 03:14:21PM +0100, Farkas Levente wrote:
> i'd not like to merge headers (although it'd be nice too), but build in
> one src.rpm the 3 platform same as with zlib.

That's possible.  It won't reduce the amount of work, because all 3
upstreams will be releasing headers at different times, so we'll just
be rebuilding the same package 3 times as often.

There are other reasons _not_ to want to combine different upstreams
into a single source RPM -- primarily, you cannot have consistent
version numbers.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v