anybody can help in this?

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Fri Feb 13 11:04:10 UTC 2009

Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:45:28AM +0100, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
>> Why do you need to use i386 packages on an x86_64 environment to compile
>> a program?
>
> IIRC, NSIS can only be compiled as a 32 bit program (native Fedora
> though) because the code is full of 32 bit assumptions.
>
> Debian patched 2.39 to fix some of the 32 bit assumptions, but we are
> still compiling it as 32 bit (ie. gcc -m32).
>
> Might be worth going back to Debian and finding out what patches/etc
> they are shipping to make it work on 64 bit platforms.

i already port those patches and update them to the latest version,
although nsis need:
# We really need the 32 bit version of this library.  The 64 bit
# version will definitely not work.  XXX Need to do the right thing on
# non-x86 architectures.

anyway it's a common hack like this (the same is in eg: qemu):
# We build with 'gcc -m32' and that fails on 64 bit platforms when we
# include <gnu/stubs.h>.  On x86-64, this is provided by
# glibc-devel.i386.  Depend on the file explicitly, since only recent
# versions of RPM let you require a package by architecture.
BuildRequires:  /usr/include/gnu/stubs-32.h