[jkeating at redhat.com: Fedora 11 Mass Rebuild]

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 10:24:29 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 03:34:47PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> >
> >One of the reasons for this rebuild is the update to GCC 4.4. Mingw is
> >still using GCC 4.3, so if this rebuild goes ahead, all the mingw packages
> >will get rebuild with gcc-4.4 but mingw-gcc-4.3  This makes no sense.
> >

> I guess I personally don't see why this is a problem, if the MinGW
> upstream is still on gcc 4.3.  Cross-compilers are like that.

The source for our mingw-gcc RPM, is actually the official FSF gcc release
code. We don't use the mingw distributed gcc tar.gz because all their
changes are now upstream. Our general goal in Fedora mingw is to have the
mingw packages match the native versions. This is primarily so we don't
have to mess around re-diffing patches for bug/security updates - we can
just take all the patches from native RPM and apply them

Daniel