static libraries

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 20:57:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 11:07:33PM +0300, Alexey Pushkin wrote:
> One more question:
> Somebody in this thread mentioned that an exception could be made for
> mingw packages, so that we won't need separate -static packages.
> This will be (a) less work for maintainers (b) IMHO more convenient for users

I don't think it'll be any less work for maintainers.  Adding a
subpackage to an RPM spec file is pretty easy.

Fedora policy demands the split, so as you say we would have to get an
exception, but it's not a battle I'm personally too happy about taking
on.  No one was here for the epic battle to get MinGW added to Fedora
in the first place, but it wasn't pleasant at the time.

Rich.

Read my OCaml programming blog: http://camltastic.blogspot.com/
Fedora now supports 68 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)