mingw32-SDL_image and mingw32-SDL_mixer

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 08:06:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 05:07:18PM -0400, Jason Woofenden wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new to this packaging and cross-compiling, but I put
> together a couple packages anyway:
>
> http://jasonwoof.com/downloads/mingw32-SDL_image-1.2.6-1.fc11.src.rpm
>
> http://jasonwoof.com/downloads/mingw32-SDL_mixer-1.2.8-1.fc11.src.rpm

I did a quick 'sniff test' on the spec files, and they both look good.
(For someone who claims to know nothing about RPM packaging, these are
in fact really excellent :-)

How do you fancy adding these packages to Fedora?  One big advantage
for you is that if they're in Fedora, they become part of the base,
maintained system which you use to compile your game.

The process is outlined here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW/New_package
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Rich.