mingw32-SDL_image and mingw32-SDL_mixer

Michael [Plouj] Ploujnikov ploujj at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:15:28 UTC 2009

Hi Jason,

I'm glad you decided to work on the mingw32-SDL_image package because
I was interested in doing it myself a while ago, but somehow got too
busy.

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:07 PM, Jason Woofenden<jason at jasonwoof.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm pretty new to this packaging and cross-compiling, but I put
> together a couple packages anyway:
>
> http://jasonwoof.com/downloads/mingw32-SDL_image-1.2.6-1.fc11.src.rpm
>
> http://jasonwoof.com/downloads/mingw32-SDL_mixer-1.2.8-1.fc11.src.rpm
>

> They seem to work quite well for me, but I don't really know what I'm
> doing, so I'd appreciate more knowledgeable folk looking over my spec
> files.

I'd like to suggest two things:
1 - add BuildRequires: mingw32-libtiff to the SDL_image spec. I've
recently added mingw32-libtiff to the F10 and F11 repositories exactly
for this reason.
2 - please replace all of the %define macro calls with %global because
that is the correct approach according to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#.25global_preferred_over_.25define

Thanks for taking these packages into your hands. Have fun!

--
Michael Ploujnikov
http://plouj.com/