pthread.h in base include dir?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 7 10:06:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 04, 2009 at 11:42:08PM +0200, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> Op maandag 04-05-2009 om 16:31 uur [tijdzone -0500], schreef Michael
> Cronenworth:
> > Why is pthread.h placed in a separate subdirectory?
> >
> > Some programs, in particular, SANE, look for <pthread.h>. I don't see a
> > pkg-config file in the mingw32-pthreads package to add a
> > -I{mingw_root}/include/pthread either.
>
> This should already be fixed according to
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=93998

We sorta fixed it, but the fix itself is wrong in that it puts a
config.h file in the include directory:

$ rpm -qf /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/include/config.h
mingw32-pthreads-2.8.0-7.fc11.noarch

I have a possible fix for this too, but haven't had time to commit it.
The real problem is with the upstream project which shouldn't be
needing that file anyway.

Rich.