ocamlfind with ming32

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed May 20 13:36:16 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 09:10:20AM +1000, David Crawshaw wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 10:11:19PM +1000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > It uses the normal ocamlfind (remember: build-time tools are never
> > cross-compiled).  You set the environment variable OCAMLFIND_CONF to
> > point to the alternate configuration file, eg.
> >
> >   OCAMLFIND_CONF=/etc/i686-pc-mingw32-ocamlfind.conf
> >   export OCAMLFIND_CONF
>
> Ah, easy. Thank you!
>
> A related question: Are there any plans for more mingw32-ocaml library
> packages? If we were to get packages building here, (ocaml-pxp,
> ocaml-sexplib, and ocaml-deriving are on our list), would you accept
> contributions?

Yes.  Please take a look at:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW/New_package

However first the OCaml packages need to be submitted too.  Just grab
the ones you need out of the Hg repo[1], check that they are still
buildable, and follow the procedure above for each of those too.

You can CC this mailing list on the new Bugzillas and I'll try and get
some time to review them.

BTW we are about to build OCaml 3.11.1-rc? (released yesterday) for
Fedora 12.  Not that this makes much difference, since it's mostly
just bugfixes.

Rich.

[1] http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/