forcing builder arch for noarch packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat May 23 12:20:15 UTC 2009

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 02:10:21PM +0200, Thomas Sailer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to force the builder arch for building a noarch package?
>
> mingw32-tcl builds first tclsh85.exe, and then tries to use this shell
> plus some tcl scripts in the build process. This works in mock if I
> BuildRequire wine.
>
> However, on koji, noarch packages tend to be built on PPC builders where
> there is no wine package, and therefore package building fails.

This is nasty, but I suspect that 'forcing' the build arch is going to
be the wrong thing to do.

My suggested approach (not knowing very much about it ...) would be:

(1) Change the build so it doesn't need to run tclsh at all.

(2) Change the build so it uses the native /usr/bin/tclsh.

(3) Set BuildArch to i386.

Rich.