mingw-w64 patches for wine-gecko

Erik van Pienbroek erik at vanpienbroek.nl
Sun Jul 21 14:12:35 UTC 2013

Michael Cronenworth schreef op za 13-07-2013 om 17:51 [-0500]:
> On 07/13/2013 01:06 PM, Erik van Pienbroek wrote:
> > For comparison, here's the difference between F18 and F19:
> > Fedora 18: 20121110 snapshot, r5451
> > Fedora 19: 20130614 snapshot, r5904
> >
> > What are your opinions about pushing a more modern mingw-w64 snapshot to
> > Fedora 18?
>
> If we don't update, F18 will not be able to have an updated wine
> package. I would not mind this one-time exception to update F18's
> snapshot. If you have packages in updates-testing I can build several
> applications against it and insure there are no regressions.

In the last couple of days I've been working with upstream mingw-w64
developers to resolve all known build failures (with exception of the
ones which are caused by winpthreads). We're currently at a point where
we feel confident with the current state. I plan on doing one more test
mass rebuild (without winpthreads) to make sure all build failures are
resolved now.

Here's what I would like to propose:

1. Update mingw-w64 in rawhide and f19-updates-testing to
   today's snapshot
2. Kick off a test mass rebuild without winpthreads to make
   sure there are no more build failures
3. Once we've got a confirmation that all build failures are
   really resolved, push these updated mingw-w64 packages to
   f18-updates (with buildroot overrides in place for the time
   the packages have to spend in updates-testing)
4. Afterwards the wine maintainer can build and push updated
   versions of mingw-wine-gecko and wine itself to f18

Does this sound like a good plan to you folks?

Regards,

Erik van Pienbroek