State of GFS, OCFS2, Clustering, iSCSI, etc. in Fedora

Dennis J. dennisml at conversis.de
Wed Jan 7 15:00:38 UTC 2009

On 01/05/2009 08:39 PM, David Huff wrote:
> Dennis J. wrote:
>> I think the Server SIG is the perfect place to address these issues and
>> maybe come up with some recommendations/best practices regarding advanced
>> setups involving the above tools.
>>
>> Regards,
>>     Dennis
>
> Dennis check out the ACE at www.thincrust.org which is a first cut at a
>    tool designed to aide in advanced post-install set-up for appliances.
>
> This might be what you are looking for or something that could help you
> configure a cluster.  If you have any questions we have a mailing list:
>    thincrust-devel at redhat.com, or ion irc: #thincrust on freenode.

My concern right now isn't so much about the configuration of these
technologies but with the fact that they don't seem to be maintained at all
right now and in various states of disarray.
In the regular Fedora world this isn't such a big deal I guess because a
desktop user is unlikely to use OCFS2 or GFS clustering or setup iScsi
shares but with the creation of the server SIG I'm wondering what the plans
are with regards to bringing this stuff back to life.
A Fedora for servers that lets these packages bit-rot like that doesn't
look very useful.

Regards,
   Dennis