[Fedora-spins] BrOffice.org REVIEW - APPROVED

Igor Pires Soares igorsoares at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:02:46 UTC 2008

Em Qua, 2008-08-13 às 16:53 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen escreveu:
> Here's a review of the broffice.org spin concept;
> == Kickstart ==
>
> The kickstart looks clean, and is approved in principle.
>
> The Spin SIG however will have some subsequent considerations to make
> about packages that may or may not be excluded. In the BrOffice.org
> spin, the following packages are excluded:
>
> acpid
> authconfig
> tomboy
>
> and, although commented out, there's an additional exclude for sendmail.
>
> Some of these packages may or may not belong to what one could call a
> "good decent" Fedora default, although this is a minor issue.
>
> == Media Size ==
>
> Yesterday's spin as well as today's resulted in a 740M iso image, a
> little over size for a CD version of this spin (~690-700M maximum). This
> needs to be reduced, preferably in advance of the Beta.

I just add the spin .ks to git. I took all your considerations on this
first commit. I provided a cleaner .ks file that already converges to
the LiveCD size. My most recent build ended in a 693MB ISO file, which
sounds pretty reasonable for me.

Any more thoughts on the spin concept are welcome.

Thanks,
Igor Pires Soares