[Fedora-spins] Proposed SPIN Process

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 17:35:18 UTC 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 5:44 AM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> The existing spins process as  documented [1] is pretty close to reality,
> but there is some confusion over the separation of duties. So, I took a
> crack at editing this [2] to what I think it should be. I believe this is
> the applicable process for "official" spins which will carry the Fedora
> Trademark and be hosted by the spins page.
>
> Comments appreciated.

Most appeciated.   Since you are already thinking about this.. could
you possibly do up a strawman timeline graph with some expectations on
when different steps should be initiated/completed in order for a Spin
to stay on track to make a release?

You have some hints in your text as to a timeliness ..but think a
color coded strawman timeline might help bring things together and
help everyone who is involved in the process get a better handle on
things.  I know as a Board member, I would hate to sit on the
trademark approval too long and end up approving a spin for trademark
usage so late that we are forcing FESCo to rush their part of the
process.  And if did end up doing that I want FESCo to be able to
point to the timeline and hammer us for not doing our job.

And the timeline isn't necessarily linear either. If there are places
where processes are encouraged to move in parallel a depiction of that
would be useful as well.

-jef"pictures are pretty..and you better use purple..but not too much
purple"spaleta