[Fedora-spins] Fedora 10 Beta Freeze (Spins)

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Sep 23 16:09:15 UTC 2008

John Poelstra wrote:
> Bryan Kearney said the following on 09/23/2008 05:48 AM Pacific Time:
>> John Poelstra wrote:
> "please NOT bugzilla" to the thought of tracking in bugzilla :)

yaah.. I dont like that one either.

> I like the wikipage idea a lot and making it dual purpose as you
> suggest!  So to push the idea a little further... you could start with
> unique page Category names that fall in *before* the Categories we use
> for the feature process now:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Process

Cool.. I had not seen that. So yes, we would add 2 items

SIGApproval
TrademarkApproval

As Kanarip pointed out, the Trademark and Feature process can be in
parallel.

> Then a quick look at that the history and page change comments and user
> making said change could make it clear who has approved.
>
> This would assume that the approval process is serial AND that each
> approver is relying on the previous approver to have "done the right
> thing".  IOW when a page lands in "FeatureReadyForWrangler" all I would
> have to do (representing the regular feature process) is make sure there
> was approval from the {person, entity, group, SIG} directly preceding
> me.  I would NOT go farther back, beyond that, as that defeats the whole
> chain of trust and efficiency we would seek to gain from it.

Assuming the above names, you would block on SIGApproval, but not on
TrademarkAppoval. RelEng would block on both.

-- bk