[Fedora-spins] Games spin kickstart updated

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Apr 7 15:32:02 UTC 2009

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 09:27:49 -0500, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> I removed nexuiz for the games spin kickstart file (and updated the game
> spin wiki to delist it there) in the master branch. (I think the update
> is 136a10f..bea1371.) Is that all I need to do for this change to be
> included in F11 going forward?

Yes,

Just to re-iterate:

when a freeze is hit, we branch off to "F-11-Alpha" or "F-11-Beta" or
whatever the appropriate name is for the freeze.

In this case, with an upcoming final release, I get in touch with Jesse
Keating or someone from Release Engineering and ask when they plan on
composing the final images, and so we know when it's an appropriate time to
branch off "F-11" - this is dependent on when Release Engineering wants
to/needs to compose the final images.

When something is branched off, we want as little changes as possible; the
changes applied to a branch should be fixes, not enhancements or other
potentially intrusive stuff. In order to "enforce" that only fixes get into
a branch, we request maintainers commit their changes to the master branch,
and give us the commit code(s) for the change(s) through a ticket at
http://fedorahosted.org/spin-kickstarts.

We then get the chance to collect some feedback on the changes from other
people, or immediately approve and apply the changes to the appropriate
branch.

Someone may want to put this procedure on the wiki. There's a list of tasks
to be attached to such process as well, such as running a compose test
before approving the change, or specifically testing the changes if it has
anything to do with applications running on the live media, etc. That won't
be me for the next couple of days though, since I'm extremely busy this
week.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip