[Fedora-spins] nightly spins runs

Sebastian Vahl deadbabylon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 6 09:47:16 UTC 2009

Am Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:30:47 -0600
schrieb Kevin Fenzi <kevin at tummy.com>:

> ok.
>
> I took warrens script that he posted to fedora-devel and tweaked it up
> to work on all the spins (not just desktop) and provide some more
> output.
>
> I can get it running daily on spin1, but I have some questions first:
>
> - I assume we want to publish the logs so we can see trends and/or
> when things don't compose. How many should we keep? They are pretty
> small, so we might want to keep a lot to notice trends on size, etc.
>
> - We have been talking about publishing weekly isos. Is there a
>   particular day we should try and publish from? Or should that be a
>   manual task as needed? (ie, before test days, or requests).

Maybe sunday? Assuming that then the breakage in rawhide is at it's
lowest.

> - Currently the output is a log file for each spin.arch from livecd
>   creator. Do we want any other output? A FAILS/WORKS of some kind?

For my spins I always create package lists to get a starting point for
comparison (mostly If the size increases due to new requirements):
%{name}
%{name}-%{version}-%{release}
%{size} %{name}-%{version}-%{release} ¦ sort -nr
%{name} %{size}

Maybe there are better options to do this. But it worked fine for me in
the past.

> - Should we also be composing the kde and desktop spins? I would
>   suppose that would be ok, but are they really part of our SIG?
> should we contact them and see if they want this?

Yes, please. The KDE-SIG is creating a testing group atm and a regular
created spin would make things easier.

Sebastian