[Fedora-spins] Branch 'F-12-Alpha' - fedora-livecd-kde.ks

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Aug 22 00:36:19 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-08-22 at 02:23 +0200, Sebastian Vahl wrote:
> Then when was the time you did the compose? I've created the bug on Tue, 18.
> Jeroen included it in the F12Alpha-tree on Thu, 20. So is this maybe just a
> problem in talking to each other (I can't remember the correct english phrase
> atm, It's too late here :) ).
> I think we need a general guideline for this. And also a special (private?)
> notice for all spin maintainers when their "spin" will be composed. Since I'm
> doing the KDE live images one question always was, when the final spin will be
> composed and until which deadline I have to commit my changes. The general
> freeze date is normally not an option for "spin" maintainers because many
> changes will be committed after the freeze when rawhide is more stabilized.
>
> This change was a quite small one and would cause no problems. But they're
> might be bigger ones...

I think that once we've reached release candidate phase (which is not
well communicated), the spin configs should be frozen as well, and
nothing will make it to the branch without the compose person either
signing off that it would be used when composing the spin, or the
compose person doing the branch work themselves.  That should clear up
some confusion as to whether the change will get in or not.

Right now, the compose person is me, so I'll have to watch the mailing
list for tickets to process.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!