[Fedora-spins] liveusb RFE

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Dec 15 01:11:44 UTC 2009

As requested, my ticket for the liveusb RFE is:
https://fedorahosted.org/liveusb-creator/ticket/642

This was prompted by not being able to easily be able to have large
(> 4 GB) images on a usb drive where the extra space was usable by
windows. liveusb can't boot off of ntfs (and I am pretty sure the current
script won't let you use ext4 even though it should work) and none of
the fat varients can have files larger than 4GB. I could use multiple
partitions, but it is a pain to have to squeeze do the ext3 partition
to not waste space.

Since I am under a time limit (for some Christmas gifts), I wasn't going to
futz with livecd-iso-to-disk much to try to get this to work right now.
Probably I'll look at doing something with it later after some of my other
projects are done.