[Fedora-spins] Need a new Wrangler

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 20:39:52 UTC 2009

Rahul Sundaram said the following on 06/23/2009 06:59 AM Pacific Time:
> On 06/22/2009 10:25 PM, John Poelstra wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I volunteered to serve as the temporary "spins wrangler" for Fedora 11.
>>      I will not be able to serve in this capacity for Fedora 12 so I am
>> no longer watching the spins categories for pages that need to be
>> reviewed.  Anyone interested in the spins process should consider
>> volunteering to take this on.
>
> Before volunteering, it would be useful to know what the job
> responsibilities are and how much time it is expected to take for a
> release cycle.
>
> I could volunteer once I understand what is expected a bit more.
>
> Rahul

Basic job responsibilities are (the ones I performed):

1) Query
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Ready_For_Wrangler and
watch for pages that are ready for review by the SIG
2) If the page is complete and follows the all the requirements of the
template move the page to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Ready_For_SIG
3) If a page in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Ready_For_Wrangle is NOT
ready for SIG review move to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Incomplete_Spins
4) If a page is approved by the SIG move it to
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Ready_For_Board or
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Spins_Fedora_12 (as applicable)
5) Maintain https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/<release number>/Spins
6) General oversight of the Spins process and encouraging things along
when they get stuck.

New responsibilities which would help spins SIG:
1) Coordinate testing of the individual spins for each test release and
GA and make sure testing is tracked and completed on time.
2) Coordinate the release announcement at GA announcing the spins for
that release.
3) Keep the spins process up to date and easy to understand:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Process
4) Remind people of upcoming schedule milestones and freezes