[Fedora-spins] Xfce Spin default cd/dvd burner and Midori

Kevin Fenzi kevin at tummy.com
Sat May 9 20:25:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, 09 May 2009 06:40:17 +0530
Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 05/09/2009 03:53 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>

> > Yeah, it seems ok here. I don't burn media much, but from some
> > simple testing it seems ok.
>
> It is too late really to be switching defaults like this but if we are
> switching, I would really prefer Brasero as it is being included by
> default in the GNOME live cd and has been default in other
> distributions for a while and has received much more testing than the
> alternatives (except for k3b which we aren't going to include).

Yeah, it is late. Perhaps we should leave it as is now, and make
changes/revisit things as soon as the f12 ks files are available.

> Media writing is such a common task but tricky to get right. Unless
> there is substantial testing done on it, I am opposed to the idea of
> switching to xfburn especially this late. I fully appreciate the
> sentiment behind using Xfce apps but the tools under goodies aren't
> necessarily mature and in the past has had serious issues.

True. It seems fine to me, but I don't burn lots of media.

> I have no problems with including Midori as a alternative but we
> should generally avoid including more than one application for a
> particular task.

There is a selinux issue with midori right now, so I think we should
just add it as soon as we get f12 ks files available.

> Rahul

kevin