[Fedora-spins] New release for spin-kickstarts RPM

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 20 17:06:27 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 09:45:14 -0700,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 17:23 +0200, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> > On behalf of all spin maintainers and the SIG;
> >
> > Thanks for being on top of these issues Bruno!
>
> Yes, thank you Bruno, you've saved me a lot of heartache.

It's mostly been selfish. I keep trying to get Fedora install at my Thursday
night computer gaming group while we aren't actually using the machines to
play games and things have broken the last few weeks and I didn't have enough
time to get things working in a small amount of time. And then the next week
I would want to have the latest updates, so I would make new spins and find
a different issue. It's been frustrating, but I seem to have a masochistic
streak when it comes to computers.

P.S. I already sent a correction to Jeroen; the bug for e2fsprogs issues
(which are not completely fixed as my last test failed) is 499452 not
501198. (501198 is a mkinitrd bug affecting some systems with encrypted
partitions and shouldn't be a problem for live spins, but did give me some
grief.) Also there is a bug introduced by a recent yum update, that I don't
think is blocking builds but might be interacting with the e2fsprogs issue.
This one is 501606 and has a suggested change, but no actual update yet.