[Fedora-spins] Using a custom spin installer with kickstart

Glen Gray slaine at slaine.org
Tue Nov 3 12:31:33 UTC 2009

On 02/11/09 15:05, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> livecd-creator might be a better fit that revisor. liveinst on livecd-creator
> copies over the file system rather than running a normal anaconda install.
> That will possibly get the things done that you were expecting the ks
> file to do for you.

Testing on Fedora 11, using fedora-livecd-desktop.ks with the command line
sudo livecd-creator --config
/usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-livecd-desktop.ks \
   --fslabel=<custom string> --cache=/var/cache/live

(as per the wiki)

I'm not sure if the spins-kickstart files are ok. I posted a patch to
that list but the moderator hasn't approved it yet.

fedora-live-base.ks has an invalid entry for the firewall, it's using
--service as opposed to --port (line 15). It also fails if selinux is
disabled, I've to comment out the line for selinux --enforcing (line 14).

After fixing that, an iso is generated but when I use the
livecd-iso-to-disk to copy this to a usb stick to boot, the boot process
fails. I don't have much exposure as to what's failing. After removing
rhgb and quiet from the kernel cmdline, I can see that it's stopping at
the squashfs version string.

Any suggestions as to what I could be doing wrong are most welcome.
Kind Regards,

--
Glen Gray<slaine at slaine.org>
http://slaine.org