[Fedora-spins] Fedora 12 LXDE Spin images are broken

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Thu Nov 19 17:49:30 UTC 2009

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 09:38:01 -0800,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> Note, I'm not trying to blame Christoph for this current situation.  Its
> as much my fault as it is his.  My statements above speak to the future
> of how things should work, not an expectation that this is what was
> being done for F12.  We clearly had some communication gaps in F12 and
> that's what led to this situation.

I think the main things we want to do are make sure the nightly builds
are being built the same way as the RCs. That will mininize the chances
that we miss potential problems. (Though a last second change could still
cause a problem, I think this is less likely to happen and to go unnoticed.)
And to make sure the spin owners are aware of the nightly builds and are
checking them for issues from time to time and frequently in the run up to
the alpha, beta and release building periods.
And if there are special build requirements such as for AOS, they need to
be documented and we need to be extra careful about the nightly builds
being built the same way as alpha, beta and RCs are.