[Fedora-spins] XFCE theme

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:29:18 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, den 20.10.2009, 11:21 +0530 schrieb Danishka Navin:
> How to add the following theme to XFCE-fedora spin?
> http://www.xfce-look.org/content/show.php?action=content&content=111981

Not sure it should be included in the spin. It doesn't seem to be
popular, only 56% of the people who voted at xfce-look.org like it. Not
really popular, good themes usually get > 80%.

The gtk2 theme is pixmap-based, this will slow down rendering pretty
much. This is not in the spirit of Xfce, the gtk-xfce-engine was
developed to be fast.

> could not find the spec file to build the RPM.
>
> Is there any way to build RPM for the above mentioned theme?

Of course, but you should package the xfwm theme and the gtk theme
separately.
You can use the spec for my xfwm4-theme-nodoka as a starting point
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/xfwm4-theme-nodoka/devel/xfwm4-theme-nodoka.spec?view=markup
for the xfwm4 theme. For the gtk-theme you could use
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/bluecurve-gtk-themes/devel/bluecurve-gtk-themes.spec?view=markup

Regards,
Christoph