[Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts] Start size reduction

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Aug 21 00:45:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 19:32:11 -0500
Matt Domsch <matt at domsch.com> wrote:

> Syslinux upstream has the perl dep fixed.  It just needs to be
> patched in Fedora or a new release used.

The new one is in f15... we just need to get it pushed to f14.

koji latest-pkg dist-f15 syslinux
Build                                     Tag                   Built by
----------------------------------------  --------------------  ----------------
syslinux-4.02-1.fc15                      dist-f15              pjones

However:

[root at thulsadoom ~]# rpm -q syslinux
syslinux-4.02-1.fc15.x86_64
[root at thulsadoom ~]# rpm -q syslinux --requires | grep perl
/usr/bin/perl
perl(Crypt::PasswdMD5)
perl(Cwd)
perl(Digest::SHA1)
perl(Errno)
perl(Fcntl)
perl(IO::Handle)
perl(MIME::Base64)
perl(Socket)
perl(bytes)
perl(integer)

Was the intention to split out a syslinux-perl package? or ?

kevin