[Fedora-spins] firstaidkit-plugins-all and fedora-live-base.ks

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 22:09:40 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 03:29:40PM -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
> Today in our meeting (that is still going on) it was brought up that
> we should push for having firstaidkit-plugins-all for all spins in
> order to help users who find themselves between a rock and a hard
> spot.
>
> 15:20 < lmacken> fedora-live-base.ks:#firstaidkit-plugin-all
>
> It was then noticed that it is simply commented out in the kickstart,
> which begs the question: why?
>
> Just a curiosity as to why and if we could move to have it uncommented?

It looks like Rahul Sundaram dropped it to save space, along with a few
other non desktop oriented packages, in commit ae4afb9f.

Yum on my rawhide box is telling me that the installed size of the
firstaidkit-plugin-all package with deps is 1MB.  I haven't attempted to
spin up a F13 live image recently, so I'm not sure how tight we
currently are for space, but having some system recovery tools in our
spins is important.

luke