[Fedora-spins] Fedora Ro Spin State?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Wed Jan 27 15:14:28 UTC 2010

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:01:01 +0200, Adrian <adrian.joian at fedoraproject.ro>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The thing is that our users would feel in some way special when Fedora
> will care sufficiently that it will build a dedicated spin for them.
> Ergo they will be more inclined to try out the distro.

I think this part of the deal is more appropriately reviewed and valued by
the Fedora Project board, as the Spins SIG is here to technically verify
the Spin's kickstart.

If you want inclusion of this Spin in the release, the Fedora Board would
have to make a decision about whether or not to allow localized spins to be
part of the release (since it requires some resources, QA, etc).

What the Spins SIG can do is;

1) technically approve the spin (for inclusion in the spin-kickstarts git
repository and the l10n-kickstarts package)
2) Ask the board to review this Spin in terms of trademark approval (this
does not really apply to localized spins) and inclusion in the release (for
which they'll probably look at various other parties such as Release
Engineering, Quality Assurance and Fedora Infrastructure).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen