[Fedora-spins] Spins Wrangler description

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 12:18:53 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:25:50PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 19:08:27 -0500
> Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
>
> > In order to help recruit a spins wrangler I have written up a wiki
> > page describing what they do. Eventually some of the tasks should get
> > more detail, but I think this provides a general overview. Feel free
> > to tweak the page. The plan is to go over it at Monday's meeting.
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Spins_Wrangler
>
> Looks like at least a good start.
>
> There might be specific dates they need to remind people of things or
> take actions if deadlines are missed.

Yes, excellent point.  The actual dates for testing and verification
to rel-eng that things are ready should really feed into this as
well.  So I'd recommend getting together with rel-eng to make sure
those dates jibe with the overall release schedule now.  I think that
would make it easier for a wrangler to understand the scope of the
responsibilities as well.

In all honesty, from what I've seen of feature and spin wrangling,
it's not so much time consuming, but rather requiring organization and
minding the calendar -- as long as the constituents (in this case the
Spins SIG) are also paying attention.  The wrangler and the SIG should
have a clear way to determine "Spin owners U, V, W, and Y have all
responded by <DATE>, but spin owner X hasn't, therefore <REMEDY>."
Being able to rely on a very objective standard keeps everyone's
expectations met.

> Thanks for working on this Bruno.

+10.