[Fedora-spins] [spin-kickstarts] tremulous has been dropped.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 14 20:21:59 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 11:00:47 +1000,
  Chris Jones <chrisjones at comcen.com.au> wrote:
> I'm curious as to why Tremulous has been dropped? It's an awesome game
> and remains very popular with its loyal community to this day.
> Cheers

It's been orphaned. Rahul is still a maintainer, but there is no owner.
I can't adequately test it, so I don't want to pick it up. It will eventually
get dropped from the distro if it isn't picked up. I didn't want that to
happen before I removed it from the games spin and have it happen at a
bad time.

Also remember that the Games Spin is really a demo. I don't think that
tremulous is that great as a demo because there is no AI and getting into
a network game for a short demo may not be that good of an idea.

It does look like an interesting game, and if it changes status and the
space doesn't get sucked up by something else, I'll put it back. Though
I'd also like to get Alien Arena back into the spin.

If there is more discussion on this the games list is probably a better
place for it.