[Fedora-spins] Live Desktop ks issue

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Jul 17 18:22:48 UTC 2010

I believe the policy for ks files precludes removing packages in post that were
brought in from the packgroups.

Since F13 the livecd-desktop ks gained:

yum -C -y remove perl perl-libs perl-version perl-Crypt-PasswdMD5 perl-Pod-Escapes perl-Module-Pluggable perl-Digest-SHA1 perl-Pod-Simple syslinux

I think that is going to need to be reverted.

I think that will break other ks files that include live-desktop that
expect some of those packages to be there.

I think there is qork being done to revome the perl dependency for
syslinux that might make this unnecessary.

Does anyone want to explain what's going on here?

We can talk about this on list, but I'm going to add it to the agenda
for the Monday meeting as well.