[Fedora-spins] I want to be able to remove liveuser from fedora-live-base.ks

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri May 7 16:41:54 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 11:54:54 -0400,
  Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com> wrote:

> > Is this something for f14?
> > We haven't made an f13 branch yet, and it's a bit late for a change to f13.
>
> I would like to see it go into F13, but definitely F14.

My personal opinion is that it is too late to change the initial live base ks
file for F13. That is going to affect several spins and there isn't a lot of
time to do QA before the release.

I think typically the spin-kickstarts package doesn't get updated during
the life of a release because the intention is to save what was used to
build the release spins. Though I am not sure that this view is accurate.

My personal opinion is that updating spin-kickstarts during the release
should be doable. I'd like to hear some other people's take on that.

So what I think makes sense is that once the git branch is made for F13,
that this patch get applied to master and get some testing. Then I think
a bit after F13 is released and the patch doesn't seem to break anything,
that it get applied to the F13 branch, get a bit more testing and then
it gets into an update of the spin-kickstarts package for F13. (Somewhere
in theer it should also get into the F14 package.)

I'd like to get an ack or two, that this is reasonable plan?